IIT-JEE Advanced results 2015 has announced on Thursday, 18 June. IIT-Bombay officially announced the results for IIT-JEE (Advanced) 2015, an entrance exam for admission to coveted technology and engineering institutes at their official website on Thursday.
According to the statistics released by IIT-Bombay (which conducted the entrance exam IIT-JEE 2015), 26,456 out of the 1,17,238 appeared candidates in the test, qualified the entrance exam for admission to various courses, including B. Tech, B.E and B. Arch in 20 Indian Institue of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad will depend on the JEE rank. Of the 20 IITs, four – in Tirupati, Goa, Palakkad and Raipur – will be functional from 2015-16 academic sessions.
Reputedly last year IIT-JEE entrance exam qualified candidates are27, 152 out of the 1.36 lakh aspirants made the cut.
How to check IIT-JEE (Advanced) 2015 result:
- Firstly, students have to check the given below website.
- Now click on the results link.
- Students simply need to enter the following detail;
Their roll number and
Date of birth.
- Click on submit button.
- Then candidates will get their results.
The All India Rank (AIR) and Category Rank for JEE (Advanced) 2015 will be available online on the official webiste jeeadv.iitb.ac.in at 10 am.
Toper of IIT-JEE (Advanced)-2015:
1st Rank IIT-JEE (Advanced)-2015:
Satvat Jagwani of Satna, Madhya Pradesh, emerged as the all-India topper of IIT-JEE 2015. He appeared for the exam from IIT-Kanpur zone. Satvat Jagwani scored 469 out of 504.
2nd and 3rd Rank IIT-JEE (Advanced)-2015:
Janak Agarwal and Mukesh Pareekh, both residents of Indore, came second and third, respectively.
Topped IIT-JEE 2015 among Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates:
Turaka Bhavan, with an all-India rank of 39, topped among Scheduled Castes candidates.
Topped IIT-JEE 2015 among ST candidates:
Harsh Meena (rank 633) topped among ST candidates.
Topped IIT-JEE 2015 among OBC with PwD candidates:
Chinamaya Kumar Sahoo from Pune topped the Other Backward Classes-Persons with Disabilities (OBC-PwD) category.
Out of the top10 IIT-JEE 2015 candidates,
- Five were from IIT-Madras zone,
- Two from IIT-Delhi zone and
- One each from IIT-Bombay, IIT-Kanpur and IIT-Roorkee zones.
Note: Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject in each paper and in aggregate will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category,” the JEE website said.
IIT-JEE result 2015 number of male and female candidates clears the exam:
According to the statistics released by IIT-Bombay numbers of male and female candidates those are crack the IIT-JEE exam 2015.
- 23,407 male candidates qualified for the exam,
- 3,049 female candidates qualified the exam.
Continuing with the trend, IIT-Bombay zone was way ahead in terms of the number of successful candidates compared to other zones. Bharat Khandelwal from this zone secured an all India rank of 5.
Top 100 IIT-JEE 2015 students:
- Twenty Eight candidates from IIT-Madras Zone in top 100
- Thirty-four of the top 100 students were from IIT-Bombay zone,
Total 6,838 successful candidates in IIT-JEE 2015 exam from IIT-Madras Zone and place at first position in all others IIT Zone numbers of qualified candidates and IIT-Madras zone stood second with 4,928 candidates. IIT-Guwahati stood at third place with 1,445 candidates successfully cracked exams.
Cut off IIT-JEE (Advanced) 2015:
As per the official norms this year, the cut-off for JEE (Advanced) is as follows;
- 105 for general candidates, much lower than last year’s 115.
- For Other Backward Castes (OBCs) it was 70,
- For Scheduled Castes (SCs) 50 and
- For Schedule Tribes (STs) it was 44.
Process of Seats offered in IITs and NITs date:
The process of joint allocation for over 32,000 seats offered by 88 institutes including Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), National Institute of Technology ( NITs) and other technical institutes (fully or partly funded by central or state governments) will commence through a common web portal from June 25.
Detail and highlights about IIT-JEE (Advanced) exam result 2015:
- Exam name: IIT-JEE (Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Entrance Examination) Advanced 2015
- Sponsored IIT: IIT-Mumbai
- Number of candidates appeared: 1,17,238
- Number of candidates qualified: 26, 456
- Male candidates qualified: 23,407
- Female candidates qualified: 3,049
- Topper name: Satvat Jagwani of Satna, Madhya Pradesh
Zone-wise number of qualified candidates:
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT-Bombay: 6,838
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT-Delhi: 4,511
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT-Guwahati: 1,445
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT Kanpur: 3,085
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT-Kharagpur: 3,115
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT- Madras: 4,928
- Total number of IIT-JEE 2015 qualified candidates IIT- Roorkee: 2,534