The time of admission in various courses has been opened and in India various universities offer various courses but recently University Grants Commission (UGC) released a list of fake universities across country. It is a warning for students to refrain from enrolling in fake institutions.
In a notification issued on Wednesday, the UGC has listed Twenty one fake universities across India- 8 fake universities in Uttar Pradesh, 6 fake universities in Delhi and one fake university each in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar and West Bengal.
As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, only a university established by the Central/State/Provincial Act or an institution deemed to be university under Section 3 of the Act is allowed to call themselves as university.
After much speculation, UGC has come up with a list of fake universities. In this fake university list of UGC consists of 21 universities, those run various courses across the country. All these 21 universities have been found to be working in violation of the UGC Act, 1956.
Therefore, any institution that does not comply with the above rule is prohibited from using the term ‘university’ under Section 23 of the Act.
The UGC said in its notice, “Students and public at large are informed that such 21 self-styled and unrecognized institutions, functioning under the contravention of the UGC Act are declared as fake, and are not entitled to confer any degrees further”.
The University Grants Commission, the apex body for higher education, periodically released a list of fake universities for the benefit of students.
In this we are listed all fake universities state wise released by UGC as of June 2015.
Fake university in Bihar as per UGC list:
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya Darbhanga Bihar
Fake university in Delhi as per UGC List:
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya. Varanasi, UP and Jagatpuri Delhi
- Commercial University Ltd, Daryaganj Delhi
- United Nations University Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, Gopala Tower, Rajendra Place, New Delhi
Fake university in Karnataka as per UGC List:
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University, Education Society, Gokak Belgaum (Karnataka)
Fake university in Kerala as per UGC List:
- St.John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
Fake university in Madhya Pradesh as per UGC List:
- Keserwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Fake university in Maharashtra as per UGC List:
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
Fake university in Tamil Nadu as per UGC List:
- D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi
Fake university in West Bengal as per UGC List:
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata
Fake university in Uttar Pradesh as per UGC List:
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, Prayag, Allahabad
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida Phase II
- Gurukul Vishwavidyalaya, Vrindavan, UP
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP- the matter is subjudice before the district judge, Lucknow
For more information about the fake universities, students can visit the official site, www.ugc.ac.in